Once you have connected your device to the Wi-Fi Hotspot by entering the password, your device will then automatically connect the next time you enter your vehicle. As this data source is seen as Wi-Fi, your device can run automatic updates without any notice and consume your Ubigi data plan.
If you want to avoid such unwanted/uncontrolled data usage, then we recommend that you disable the automatic mode of these updates in your device’s settings option when you connect to the Ubigi Wi-Fi network onboard.
To do this you need to enter to the SETTINGS option on your smartphone or tablet.
On Android system:
1. Open Google Play store
2. Open the icon on the top left part of the screen
3. Open Settings
4. Open Auto-update apps
5. Select Do not auto-update apps to disable automatic updates
On iOS system:
1. Open Settings
2. Open iTunes & App Store
3. On Automatic Downloads section, turn off the toggle next to Updates to disable automatic updates.
If you do not use the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature of your vehicle and want to benefit only from the infotainment feature, you simply can deactivate the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature: refer to:
– How to turn off the Wi-Fi hotspot in my Fiat New 500?
– How to turn off the Wi-Fi hotspot in my Fiat Professional Ducato van?